Oatmeal Raisin Cookies
Oatmeal (not instant)
Whole wheat flour
All purpose flour
Dark brown sugar
Whisk together and set aside
1 cup whole wheat flour
1 cup all purpose flour
1 Teaspoon baking soda
1 Teaspoon baking powder
1 Teaspoon kosher salt
Cream wet ingredients
1 cup unsalted butter softened
1 2/3 cup dark brown sugar,firmly packed
2 Large eggs
2 Teaspoons vanilla
Then stir in
3 cups oats (not instant)
1 1/2 cups raisins
1. Preheat oven to 350°.
2. Whisk dry ingredients; set aside.
3. Combine wet ingredients with a hand mixer on low.
4. To cream, increase speed to high and beat until fluffy and the color lightens.
5. Stir the flour mixture into the creamed mixture until no flour is visible. (Do not over mix. Over mixing develops the gluten, making a tough cookie.)
6. Now add the oats and raisins; stir to incorporate.
7. Fill cookie scoop with dough.
8. (Use a #40 cookie scoop or 2 tablespoon of dough) Press against side of bowl, pulling up to level dough.
9. Drop 2-inches apart onto an oiled baking sheet.
10. Bake 11-13 minutes (on center rack), until golden, but still moist beneath cracks on top.
11. Remove from oven; let cookies sit on baking sheet for 2 minutes before transferring to a wire rack to cool.