The best way to drink lemon water is warm or at room temperature. Boiling hot will destroy the beneficial enzymatic properties. Avoid drinking lemon water icy cold as it can significantly hinder the digestive benefits of the lemon.
Use fresh lemons. In order to get the fullest health benefits,choose fresh picked lemons (preferably organic and locally grown).
Pasteurized and packaged lemon juice will not be nearly as effective as a health remedy.
- Relieve digestion problems like bloating, heartburn, and constipation. With the aid of lemon water, the bowels eliminate waste more efficiently.
- Relieve fever, cold or flu. Add juice of 1 lemon to a cup of hot water with honey and drink it. You can drink it for every 2 hours until the fever or chills subsides.
- Help in removing blackhead, acne, and make your skin more radiant. This is due to the vitamin C in lemon which can rejuvenate the skin from within. Its alkaline nature kills some type of bacteria known to cause acne. To remove acne, apply fresh lemon juice on acne part and leave it overnight. Rinse it on the following morning.
- Natural remedy for sore throat. Lemon has an antibacterial property. Thus, it is an excellent fruit that aids in fighting problems related to infection. For sore throat, add the juice of 1 lemon and 1 teaspoon (5ml) of sea salt to 1 cup (250ml) of lukewarm water. Gargle 3 times a day to diminish the burning sensation.
- Help in respiratory problems and breathing problems such as asthma.
- Combat rheumatism and arthritis. Lemon has a powerful alkaline effect in the body, and therefore a natural agent against excess acid, which is in part responsible for rheumatism. Drink lemon in lukewarm water 3 times a day and if you experience severe pain, add the juice of 2 lemons 3 times a day.
- Help to control high blood pressure. Due to the high potassium content in lemon, lemon water helps in controlling high blood pressure, dizziness, nausea.
- Relax anxiety, combat fatigue. Lemon has calming effects.
- Good for weight loss. Add lemon to lukewarm water boosts metabolism.
- Assist in toothache by getting rid of the pain. The massage of lemon juice on gums can stop gum bleeding.
- Freshen up your breath after consuming certain foods or spices.
- Act as blood purifier. Drinking lemon water can help in the diseases like cholera or malaria.
- Dissolves gallstones by helping your liver produces more bile – a fluid secreted by liver and stored in the gallbladder, to assist in the digestion of fats.