I found this recipe years ago and made some adaptions.
- 1/4 cup thinly sliced fresh basil
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 2 tablespoons chopped red onion (optional)
- 1 (1-pound) salmon fillet, skinned and chopped
- 1 tablespoon hot pepper sauce
- 1 large egg white
- Olive oil
- Ranch dressing or your favorite spread
- 8 (3/4-ounce) slices whole wheat bread (or english muffin)
- Combine first 5 ingredients in a large bowl. Combine hot pepper sauce and egg white in a small bowl; add egg white mixture to salmon mixture, stirring well to combine.
- Divide the mixture into 4 equal portions, shaping each into a 1/2-inch-thick patty. Heat a large skillet over medium-high heat. Coat pan with oil spray. Add salmon patties, and cook 3 minutes on each side or until desired degree of doneness. Serve patties on bread with dressing a lettuce.