Best Ever Chocolate Chip Cookies
You won't ever need another Chocolate Chip Cooke recipe. These have a buttery crispy edge with a chewy center. The flaky salt sprinkled on top is the secret key to balancing the flavor of these delicious cookies.
1 cup butter, (softened1
1 cup raw sugar
1 cup packed brown sugar
2 teaspoons vanilla extract
3 cups Whole Wheat White Flour
1 teaspoon baking soda
2 teaspoons hot water
1/2 teaspoon Pink Himalayan salt (fine)
1 1/2 cups semisweet chocolate chips
1 cup chopped pumpkin seeds or sunflower seeds (optional)
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C).
- Cream together the butter, raw sugar, and brown sugar until smooth. Beat in the eggs one at a time, then stir in the vanilla. Dissolve baking soda in hot water. Add to batter along with salt. Stir in flour, chocolate chips, and nuts. Place parchment paper on cookie sheet.
- Drop by large spoonfuls onto pan
- Bake for about 10 minutes in the preheated oven, or until edges are nicely browned.
- Let cookies cool on cookie sheet. This helps to keep them soft in the middle as they set.
- Sprinkle very lightly with flake salt.