Sesame Seed Cookies
These Sesame seed cookies are so easy and tasty. You wont be able to keep these cookies around long!
1 cup sesame seeds toasted (divided). If raw, see step 11 1/2 cups flour (all-purpose)
1/2 cup whole wheat flour
3/4 cup sugar (granulated)
1/2 cup butter (softened)
2 tablespoons water1 teaspoon baking powder
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
1/4 teaspoon salt
Preheat oven to 350 degreesLine two cookie pans with parchment paper or leave them ungreasedIn a small bowl, whisk together the flour, baking soda and salt.
1. If the seeds are raw, toast them in a large heavy skillet over medium heat, until golden brown, shaking skillet and stirring frequently to keep them moving. Remove from heat and set aside.
2. Measure the flour, sugar, water, butter, baking powder, vanilla, salt and egg into a mixing bowl. Beat until well blended.
3. Stir in 1/2 cup of the sesame seedsUsing about 2 teaspoons of dough for each cookie, shape into ovals about 2 inches in length; roll in the remaining toasted sesame seeds.
4. Place the ovals about 1 inch apart on the prepared baking sheets.
5. Bake in the preheated oven for about 15 to 20 minutes, or until lightly browned.
6. Remove the cookies to wire racks to cool. Store the cookies in a tightly covered container.