Easy Refrigerated Pickles
5 - 6 small pickling cucumbers such as "Kirby" quartered
1 cup water
1 1/2 cup white vinegar
5 cloves sliced garlic
1 Tbsp canning (pickling) salt
3 tsp. Dill weed fresh or dried
1 tsp. Red Pepper flakes
- Sterilize your quart mason jar.
- Add crushed Dill, Garlic and Pepper flakes to the bottom of the jar.
- Slice or quarter small cucumbers and place in jar until filled, not too tightly. Allow some room for the vinegar mixture to soak in.
- In a small pot add water, vinegar, salt and bring to a medium boil stir until mixed well.
- Pour vinegar mixture over pickles.
- Allow to cool, cover jars with lids and bands, and refrigerate for up to 2 weeks.