- 1/2cup butter
- 1 cup brown sugar
- 2eggs, beaten
- 4 very ripe bananas 3 mashed 1 for garnish
- 1 cup flour
- 1⁄2cups whole white flour
- 1teaspoon baking soda
- 1⁄2teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2teaspoon vanilla(optional)
- Preheat oven to 350º
- Cream together butter and sugar.
- Add eggs and 3 mashed bananas.
- Thinly slice the remaining banana and place aside. You'll use this one to garnish the loaf
- Combine well.
- Sift together flour, soda and salt. Add to creamed mixture. Add vanilla.
- Mix just until combined. Do not overmix.
- Pour into greased and floured loaf pan.
- lay the slices of the remaining banana onto the loaf.
- Place loaf pan in oven. Bake at 350º for 22 minutes. Reduce heat to 275 and bake and additional 35 minutes
- Transfer the pan to a wire rack to cool in the pan for 10 minutes, then turn the loaf out of the pan to cool completely.